zaterdag 30 augustus 2014

Time flies when you are having fun....

WOW, it is already Friday. Which means that my first week is almost over. Time flies when you are having fun....


Wednesday afternoon I went to the aquarium and started to sketch the giant octopus when I got home. I finished it yesterday, with pen and watercolors.




Yesterday after work I drove to Carmel. I took the scenic route, along the coast. An amazing sandy white beach in the middle of Carmel! The plan was to visit the mission in Carmel. I have been there last year, but was planning to sketch it this time. Well, I was dilly dallying around Carmel and never got to the mission. Maybe later.... Anyway, on my daily drive along the coast, I saw some blows out in the bay. Whales! Not too far from shore, I could spot some with my binoculars.

Back at home I drew a sea otter, with my Faber Pitt pens and added a little watercolor.



Today I drove to the Fisherman's wharf in Monterey. There are lots of sea lions, harbor seals and some pelicans near the wharf. I walked around, had a marvelous cappuccino (with real taste, sorry my US friends..) in an Italian coffee shop and I visited the Monterey museum. 

The Fisherman's wharf

A pile of sea lions at the wharf

I  booked a boat trip for tomorrow. The boat is leaving at Moss Landing and will visit the Elkhorn Slough. I have been here on my way to Monterey. Lots of wildlife, I do hope to get some better pictures of sea otters tomorrow.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten