This is the image and my first cut in matboard (coated with gloss medium) with an X-Acto knive.
After another coat of medium, I rubbed the ink into the cuts.
And with a cloth, a tissue and a q-tip I rubbed some of the ink of for the high lights
I cut 3 pieces of Mulberry paper into 8" x 10" size pieces and soaked them in water. The print plate is 4" x 6". I placed the paper on the printing plate and started rubbing with the back of a spoon, and rubbing, and rubbing....
After the first print I made some more cuts in the plate. This is the second print and is the best of the three. And drying on the washing line as you see ;-). Great new technique!! Thanks Belinda!
When they are all dry I will see if I will work on them a bit more, maybe with watercolors, or ink, maybe colored pencils. Lots of opportunities, will certainly try this again.