zaterdag 12 april 2014

In an alcohol ink mood....

As you know, I am in Karen Walker's alcohol ink landscape class. Watching the video's and the instructions gets my creativity flowing.

The first 5" x 7"' paintings I did as excercise for the course, the cityscape is a 'happy accident'. I was flowing the ink for a Tuscan landscape, but the blue pushed the other colors away. Leaving a very dark strip of color on the paper. I tried to move it around with a coffee stirrer, and made this marks. I thought it looked like a landscape, and when I turned the painting around, I love it even more. I am going to leave it as it is. The next painting is a Tuscan landscape with a magical tree. Flowed background with minor details and a detailed tree in the front.



And I also painted some anemones. I have ordered some more ink (Ranger has some lovely new colors) and I ordered a larger (A3) size YUPO paper. I have one excercise from last week (a waterfall) and one from this week I want to paint on large format. To be continued...



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten