vrijdag 16 mei 2014

Loosen up!

I love painting with watercolors, but I need to loosen up! My goal for this week is to loosen up my painting, knowing when to stop and not to overwork the paintings. Lots of goals...

I have been painting flowers, as exercises to loosen up. The first one I liked right away, the size is 14.2" x 18.9" (36 x 48 cm).


The second painting is 10.6" x 13.8" (27 x 35 cm) and was a disaster at the beginning. I washed out the painting under the running tap, leaving the light background colors behind. And tried again. First I thought this was never going to work, but after a night rest (and drying), I actually do love this painting.


And I did do a third one (a landscape), but it is too horrible to show you (LOL). I washed it out and the paper is now drying again, almost ready for a new attempt.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten