donderdag 19 oktober 2017

Sketching in Rotterdam

Yesterday I met up with a few Urban Sketchers friends. They had visited the Powermask exposition in The Wereldmuseum in Rotterdam last week and wanted to return to do some more sketching this week. I decided to join them.

I met up with one of the sketchers earlier and because of the beautiful weather, we decided to stay outside and sketch the Veerhaven in Rotterdam. I sketch with oil pastel, you cannot work very precise with oil pastel, but I like how you need to sketch loosely, and only focus on the big lines and shapes.


After a nice coffee, the rest of the group joined us for a trip to the museum. I sketched 10 masks as a kind of collage, all on 2 pages. I painted the pages with ochre and sketched with a black and red oil pastel.


And one sketch in black and brown fine-liner.

It was a great day and too much to see, I need to come back another day!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten