woensdag 20 november 2013

Buddha in mixed media

Did I already tell you I am going to take part in the local art show? Last year I participated for the first time, showing oil paintings, mixed media paintings and polymer clay mosaics. I even sold a few pieces.

This year I have registered again and I am very happy to get another chance to show my art. I will be showing different kind of work. Alcohol ink paintings, monoprints and mixed media collaged paintings. The show is from December 18, 2013 to January 2, 2013 in De Bilt in the Netherlands.

This weekend after I finished my mixed media painting of San Francisco (I am still very happy with it :-)) I started another mixed media painting. This canvas has been on my easle for a very long time, and is part of 2 square canvasses I worked on at the same time. I was not happy with the canvasses and decided to re-use them.

This is the canvas after adding new papers, gesso and paint.


There is already an image of a buddha in the background. That is why I decided to paint a larger buddha on the canvas. I used glazing medium with acrylic paints, this way the layer becomes transparent and you still can see the background through the paint.


This is more detail of the painting.


I am already quite happy with the painting and will work on it a bit more to add some more details and shades. I hope I do not overwork the painting, I want to keep it transparent!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten