vrijdag 26 september 2014

Art-is-You in Petaluma

Wednesday my sister Anja and I went to our first workshop at the Art-is-You art retreat in Petaluma. We both picked the same class to start with, 8 Objects - 8 ways from Jane LaFazio. She showed us how to create a journal page with several objects, using several different techniques, from sketching with just a pencil to watercolors etc. It was a great day, and I even met some people I met at the CREATE art retreat in Irvine last year and the year before :-)


At home I finished another page, using only shells.


And I really liked the continiuous drawing exercise. I sketched a sunflower in pen and added the watercolors later. I got the sunflowers from another attendee in class, she bought some flowers for the workshop and gave me the bunch as she had to leave early.


And before the flowers are all wilted.... another sketch in watercolors


A quick sketch of the wine country Sonoma



Yesterday evening we went to the doodle party at Art-is-You. We got a foamboard tile and a pen, and several stencils to use. It was fun, we created, had some lovely cakes (yummie) and had a great evening.
The left tile is mine, the tile on the right is created by Anja.


The next few days we will attend some more art workshops, and then it is almost time to leave.... We will be flying home on Monday. This has been a great trip and I am sure we will be back.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten