vrijdag 18 september 2015

Still enjoying San Diego

Another few days have past and I am still busy. This area has lots to offer and so many places to visit.

On Monday I drove to Point Loma to the Cabrillo national monument. In the park there is a nice visitor center with information on the landscape and on Cabrillo, who came to America long time ago as an explorer. They also show regular video's, I watch one about the tidalpools at cabrillo. The best time to view the tidalpools is actually the winter and/or a low tides,  so nothing to see today..
So instead I walked up to the lighthouse and the monument and drove to a few viewpoints with impressive rocks.



 And then it rained in California. I have been to California many times but never had any rain. No problem,  also on my list is the Maya exposition in the Natural History museum. A beautiful and interesting exposition and museum and many hours later I leave the museum and the rain has stopped. 


The sun is shining again on Wednesday.  Time for a visit to the first mission built in California, Mission San Diego de Alcala. Lovely location, built against a hillside and with a lovely courtyard garden.



And today I drove up north on the Pacific Highway 101. To Carlsbad actually to visit the outlets. Shop until you drop! And yes, I am tired when done. Time to go back and watch another amazing sunset. Oh, and I have been painting a few seascapes today, but it is now too dark to make nice pictures. I will show them in the next blogpost. 



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten