zaterdag 5 oktober 2013

5th of October 2013 - World Card Making Day

Did you know that today is World Card Making Day? This years marks the 8th Anniversary of this event which began in 2006.  It was founded by Papercrafts Magazine as a National Holiday when they had the desire to bring their readers and card makers together to kick start the busiest card making season of the year and shortly there after this celebration was adopted by the broader global crafting community to become what is now known as World Card Making Day.  It is celebrated on the first Saturday of October every year.

To celebrate World Card Making Day I have created 2 cards. One is featured on the Unruly PaperArts blog. Check it out for more lovely creations!

 
 
This is a 13 x 13 cm off white double card. I used a piece of scrapbook paper from My Mind's Eye as a basis. I have added some pieces of 7 Gypsies tissuepaper and a piece of a French bookpage. The butterflies are stamped on dark scrapbookpaper and glued to the card. The tekst stamp is from Kaisercraft. For the vintage effect I used some StazOn Sabble Brown around the edges.
 



This is also a 13 x 13 cm off white double card. I glued a background made with alcohol inks to the card and added a tag I found in my stash (it must have been used as a price tag, as it showed $3 on the bottom ;-)). I cut out a flower from a collage image sheet I bought on Etsy and glued dark red ribbon to the card, the tekst stamp is from Kaisercraft.

I hope you have fun making your own lovely cards today!

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Kitty I am such a big fan of your work, particularly your collage backgrounds and both your cards today are so striking. I just love the dramatic look of those gorgeous black butterflies on your first card. xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen